There are all kinds of myths out in the wild that are accepted as true without a second thought. However, you need to stop doing that and treat them as only myths. Below are 17 of the most prevalent untruths involving animals, along with the real facts about how they really act. So the next time you pass a lounging cow, you don”t have to grab an umbrella. Trust us and be smart about it.
1. Cats always land on their feet.
2. A human year equals seven dog years.
3. Ostriches bury their heads in the sand when afraid.
4. Red pandas are related to giant pandas
5. Koalas are bears.
6. Touching a toad will give you warts.
7. Porcupines shoot their quills.
8. Cows lie down if it”s going to rain.
9. Camels store water in their humps.
10. Dogs” mouths are cleaner than humans.
11. Daddy longlegs are the most poisonous spiders.
12. Opossums hang by their tails.
13. Birds will abandon their young if the babies are touched by a human.
14. Female praying mantises decapitate their male sex partners.
15. Goldfish have 1-second memories.
16. Bats are blind.
17. Lemmings commit mass suicide.
There are plenty more myths about animals (and just about anything else), so it”s always a good idea to do your fact-checking before you take something as…well…fact. These do, however, make one wonder if animals secretly have their own stupid human myths. I wonder what that goldfish is thinking…